Courage is Magic 2.1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Courage is Magic 2.1

Post by WiddleWuna on Sun May 31, 2015 2:27 pm

Oh my goodness that took a lot of effort to get the format down in this edition. Plus lots of arguing over design space for Titan. That class destiny may change significantly if we go after the Elemental or Winter Lord. But for right now I'm happy with the space it resides in.

http://littlelunamoonmatron.deviantart.com/art/Courage-is-Magic-2-1-Monsters-Edition-536611514?ga_submit_new=10%253A1433096529

Look over the update y'all! Let me know what you like or dislike. I'm going to start off the conversation with a simple enough prompt: What would YOU like to see next in the game if you had one choice? Also, what classes do you think we could do based on ponies from the show? I'm still chomping at the bit to do a Spirit of Equality, but my design team thinks I'm nuts ;-;.

Anyways. PARTAY!

WiddleWuna
Admin

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courage is Magic 2.1

Post by Woomod on Sun May 31, 2015 2:32 pm

I remain stupidly surprised you added sunset pics before we got to courage.
Also poor poor pegamom having her graphic removed from EoL. Come on the Rainbow powers design was based on her.


And you know my annoyances but let's go over them.
A) Titan is absurd now and winterlord/lord of the wild are kinda dead if titan is keeping the elemental theme. (Also forcing the elemental theme onto titan instead of seperating them i don't approve of.)
B) EoL's lvl8 is a move lol, that thing is crazy right now. It's lvl6 needs to say negative effect to work with the normal templating. You renamed rainbow friendship canon how could you, YOU MONSTER!
avatar
Woomod
Admin

Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-05-19
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courage is Magic 2.1

Post by WiddleWuna on Sun May 31, 2015 3:18 pm

Woomod wrote:I remain stupidly surprised you added sunset pics before we got to courage.
Also poor poor pegamom having her graphic removed from EoL. Come on the Rainbow powers design was based on her.


And you know my annoyances but let's go over them.
A) Titan is absurd now and winterlord/lord of the wild are kinda dead if titan is keeping the elemental theme. (Also forcing the elemental theme onto titan instead of seperating them i don't approve of.)
B) EoL's lvl8 is a move lol, that thing is crazy right now. It's lvl6 needs to say negative effect to work with the normal templating. You renamed rainbow friendship canon how could you, YOU MONSTER!

No OCs in Courage is Magic! *Crack whip*

A) I guess we'll have to move Titan stuff around. But I don't see why Lord of the Wild is hurt by this. Also isnt Winter lord just based on an OC of yours? We ara trying to keep it based on MLP stuff! *crack whip*

B) Alright i'll fix both these. But we need a better name than Rainbow Cannon. >.>;

WiddleWuna
Admin

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courage is Magic 2.1

Post by Woomod on Sun May 31, 2015 3:37 pm

WiddleWuna wrote:
No OCs in Courage is Magic! *Crack whip*

A) I guess we'll have to move Titan stuff around. But I don't see why Lord of the Wild is hurt by this. Also isnt Winter lord just based on an OC of yours? We ara trying to keep it based on MLP stuff! *crack whip*

B) Alright i'll fix both these. But we need a better name than Rainbow Cannon. >.>;

OBJECTION- Starcatcher is from Gen3 not an OC, her charecter is the basis of Celestia and her design the basis of rainbow power.
OBJECTION- The majority of destinies are non-canon as fuck, Titan among them, elemental Titan doubly so. Also lord of wilds entire lvl6 combat ability is the exact same heal aura that swamp titan gets in addition the the amazing size increase+reach.(I mean seriously, it's group buck up, GROUP BUCK UP.)
avatar
Woomod
Admin

Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-05-19
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courage is Magic 2.1

Post by Grand Diplomat IronHoofes on Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:28 am

I do have a request to make, currently there is a lack of non-combat based things like shopping and shop-keeping. While I can work around this several of my players are the type to spend their time working in a shop, earning money and than spending it in great gobs to acquire the 'proper' materials for adventuring which does make my life a bit more difficult. I would highly appreciate it if you would perhaps look into including some less combat focused updates.
Thank you for your time.

Grand Diplomat IronHoofes

Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courage is Magic 2.1

Post by Woomod on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Grand Diplomat IronHoofes wrote:I do have a request to make, currently there is a lack of non-combat based things like shopping and shop-keeping.

Neither the show nor D&D considers those important activities.

While I can work around this several of my players are the type to spend their time working in a shop, earning money and than spending it in great gobs to acquire the 'proper' materials for adventuring which does make my life a bit more difficult.

It sounds more like you have a player problem if they are making your life more difficult. Sit down and talk to them.
On the other side, if a charecter is the type to carry around a bunch of 'proper' materials for adventuring then they are obviously a spirit of archeology and don't need to track what stuff they have they just have it.

And here's a rules patch, their time spent playing shop keeper pays for itself and is called down time, it's a character tidbit and something for you the GM to blow up occasionally.
avatar
Woomod
Admin

Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-05-19
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courage is Magic 2.1

Post by Grand Diplomat IronHoofes on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:59 pm

Thank you for the patch to fix my problem. I do apologize has this problem came about more by my own ineptitude to change from the 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons system to the 4.0 Dungeons and Dragons system.

Grand Diplomat IronHoofes

Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courage is Magic 2.1

Post by ZeroTakenaka on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:35 pm

Grand Diplomat IronHoofes wrote:Thank you for the patch to fix my problem. I do apologize has this problem came about more by my own ineptitude to change from the 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons system to the 4.0 Dungeons and Dragons system.

-Nods- There are times when you want to say that the players have all the basic tools they need for an adventure without being limited by things such as:

All characters begin with a weapon or two, and enough supplies for the current quest (e.g. food, water, travel gear). The lack of basic equipment should never be a major obstacle.
Rojar:A dark cave! The orcs must have gone in there. Let's go in...
GM:Do you have any torches?
brandon:um, yes?
GM:Nope. None of you idiots said you bought any back in town. Too bad!
∅ Wrong Answer! Just let them have torches and get to the action.
avatar
ZeroTakenaka
Admin

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-05-19
Age : 27

View user profile http://courageismagic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Courage is Magic 2.1

Post by Woomod on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:19 pm

Grand Diplomat IronHoofes wrote:Thank you for the patch to fix my problem. I do apologize has this problem came about more by my own ineptitude to change from the 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons system to the 4.0 Dungeons and Dragons system.

Talk to your players about what your game is about, if your game is about economics there's other systems for that(and the mlp setting is not a setting i'd use for an economics focused game, it's economic system is literally outside the scope of human experience. There's never been a society where small holders more productive than machines at their jobs was the default means of production.)

As something based on D&D an Adventure game, and MLP, CiM works best for what i call constant two parter mode. Where you get the feel of a mlp two parter every plot arc.
avatar
Woomod
Admin

Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-05-19
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courage is Magic 2.1

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum